Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Page 99 Test - Summer Lovin' 13

The page 99 test, featured here, is part of the Summer Lovin' read-a-thon challenges. I must admit I saw this challenge and got uber excited. I think it's a great way to get into a book, and I might do it again some time because I just love this idea so much.


I chose AngelFall by Susan EE. I know little about this book, the blurb simply says:

It has been six weeks since the angels returned to Earth and destroyed the world as we know it. 
When they fly away with a helpless little girl, her sister Penryn will do anything to get her back...

That folks is it.

Yeah.

So page 99 was interesting. There's a character called Raffle that the protagonist is trying to save? I think. By the sounds of it he's been captured by soldiers, and the protagonist (I don't know her/his name yet) is hoping that Raffle is still alive. Exhibit A:

I pray that it is not Raffle I'm smelling. 
I'm guessing Raffle is a family relative or someone of close relation, maybe even a love interest? But it's not exactly clear. But the fact the protagonist is scared about this, indicates that she lives in a pretty cruel world. And the blurb influences my thoughts by indicating that we're looking at a post-apocalyptic world (exactly my kind of sci-fi).

The other thing that is crystal clear is that she (I'm just going to assume the protagonist is a she, it's easier to write) is starving, so hungry to the point she had a handful of cat biscuits as supper...mhmmm yummy...

All in all not much was given away but it made me uber excited to read this book. I just need to hurry up and finish reading Beautiful Creatures first!

Thanks for reading, and please let me know if you've done this challenge too :)




2 comments:

  1. Wow. This sounds intense and like an awesome read.
    And I love this challenge too -- I think it fun and I have been having a lot of fun hopping around seeing all the different blurbs.

    Happy Reading

    My Page 99

    My Day 3 Read-A-Thon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does doesn't it? Exactly my kind of book :3 Yes it is fun!

    Thank you, you too! I've had a look at your blog and it's awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete