Thursday, 4 July 2013

Tears on My Pillow - Day 4 Summer Lovin' 13.

“Tears on My Pillow” Participation Post:

  • Share a quote from your current read or tell us about a book that really pulled on your heart strings. What was it about that book/quote that made you cry?

I know I keep going on and on about this book series, but seriously, the one that did tug on my heart strings was Maximum Ride. It was more because it took so long for Max to actually admit her gooey girly feelings for Fang, that once she finally came to terms with it (in case you hadn't already guessed there's a spoiler alert here) - he gets shot.

Yeah.

It was her emotional monologue to him, the fact that for the first time she actually conveys her affection to him in front of the flock, something she'd never done before, and how its described as Max seeing Fang paler than ever, and literally on his death bed - It made her realize that Fang meant more to her than she ever thought of.

I don't have a quote because there's 8 books and I actually can't remember which book it is. (oh dear). But hey, I know it's there.

The possible tear-jerker in the future to come will be The Fault in Our Stars by John Green....I've never read a Green book before, and I'm not sure if I'm going to regret it or not.


WILL I!?!? 

Well with a story line like this one, I'm sure I will. As many bloggers on the blogosphere seem to have fallen and crumbled in agony over this book. 

I'm just hoping it's not too much hype. 

My progress so far in the read-a-thon, is actually better. I'm over 60% with Beautiful Creatures, and that was reached this morning, and I've read more so I'm hoping I'm a little closer to 65 or 70%. -fingers crossed- After I've done 100% of that book I'm moving on to AngelFall, and then after that I have a request to read Shadow and Bone by benjaminoftomes. So instead of reading The Fault in Our Stars, I shall be reading that. 


Hope you're all doing great in the read-a-thon?  


My previous read-a-thon posts: 









2 comments:

  1. I have heard a plundra of great things about The Fault In Our Stars. I have never read a book by the author either. I hope you love it. I look forward to hearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few things by Green. And he writes some amazing stuff. Hope you enjoy it and yes -- if you are an easy crier -- have some tissue ready :)

    Thanks for stopping by post earlier!

    ReplyDelete