Monday, 23 June 2014

Hitting a Hurdle

So today I ran out of things to procrastinate with.

Yeah.

I'd already been for a walk, had a driving lesson, then another walk. Here are the pictures:








 My room was already tidy and clear, thanks to yesterday, I'd already taken a few pictures (as you can already see). My earlier plans to visit my sister had to be cancelled because of a possible cold.

Naturally I was feeling down. I was left staring at my computer with sheer horror at the idea that I actually had the time to write.

Now I know this isn't exactly a 'promising' thought coming from a writer, but it was something that genuinely scared me. I was full of thoughts like 'what if I'm not good enough', or 'what if I write the wrong thing', 'what if I don't like what I write, will other people like it?'. In the end I had to give myself a pep talk and calm down.

Recently my mother talked to Helena Holdrick, someone who has been helping her with her mindset when it comes to her business. Someone like a business coach (in fact I think she may actually be a business coach). And she said to do ten minutes work on each project then increase the time gradually.

When my mum told me this, I thought - great! I could really use this. The problem I have is, I have so many projects and I never know how to split my time with them, or which one I should start first, but using this routine I managed to spend time on ALL of them, EQUALLY.

I hit a hurdle, got a bit down, and now that I've actually accomplished it, I feel good again. So I can eat a Maoam or three....or five. YAY!

I hope you've all had positive days too!

Much love.



No comments:

Post a Comment